Things to keep in mind when attending a vigil – Copied from The Save Movement’s Code of conduct.
Respect to animals:
Stay calm: Animals are very sensitive to our energy.
Approach vehicles slowly, calmly and quietly so as not to frighten animals more than they already are.
Noise: Animals are extremely sensitive to noise and are already under a great deal of stress. Consider not speaking at all, or speaking in a soft quiet tone.
Water: If possible, offer water to the animals. Don’t spray or throw water at them or in the truck. If they do not accept your offer, stop.
Touching: Exercise discretion when engaging with and touching the animals; don’t scare them.
– Stay on the ground. DO NOT CLIMB ON THE VEHICLES
– Be mindful when vehicles begin to move. Keep your feet out from under the vehicle when in motion.
– We advise that you do not bring dogs if you intend to approach vehicles
Interaction with drivers and abattoir employees:
– Speak to drivers, employees and police with respect EVEN IF THEY DO NOT. We are there to promote peace.
– Resist temptation to react/respond to provoking from employees in a negative manner.
– Oppose violence with love and kindness
– Be mindful of those in the surrounding area when bearing witness, and if parking.
– Stay peaceful and positive. Avoid temptation to respond to negative comments with negative responses.
– If someone is interested in why we are there and would like more information please allow time to educate them.
– When not bearing witness, hold a sign at the road if we are in view of the public. We want to educate the public and spread awareness as much as possible.
If you have any questions please send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support – Nottinghamshire Animal Save